Gil and Denise Thomas
We had a wonderful time sharing our ministry in six churches and meeting with several other individual partners in February. How blessed we are to have such great partners. Thank you for praying for us on that furlough trip.
March was busy with . . .
- • Meeting with Randy (Overseas Director) and Dave (North American Director) about their goals and objectives for Good Soil this year in their regions.
- • Teaching in ABWE’s Missionary Orientation (we had 17 new missionaries).
- • Prepping and filming a teaching tool for the Leader’s Guide which will accompany our new book, Gaining Ground as a Truly Evangelistic Church.
- • Teaching Crucial Conversations and ABWE’s Guiding Principles to missionaries preparing to leave for their respective fields.
- • Conducting a review of “Field Preparation Seminar”.
. . . just normal, everyday stuff, right?!?
As we move through April into May, we would like you to pray specifically for four items.
Praise the Lord for the new missionary couple added to the Good Soil team in March! Let’s call them Danny & Alicia T. I don’t know many people as passionate about serving God and making disciples as they. This month, we’ve been trying to help them determine where God would have them work. They are eager to serve in a place with many unreached people groups. Pray that God will make it clear where they are to serve and that He will raise up financial partners to get them there.
The book Gaining Ground as Truly Evangelistic Church has been held up more than once. Please pray that it will be printed and available soon. We’d like to have it in time for the May training event. We are having a retreat for our Training & Resources Department May 3-5. Pray that the whole department (20+) will have a special time of prayer, worship, and growth, and that the two teams that make up the department (Good Soil and Missionary Development) will work well together and strategize effectively.
Pray for us as we teach Good Soil, BibleStorying, (May 10-14) and Moving Beyond Lecture (May 20-21). MBL will be part of the International Theological Summit this year at ABWE.
If you would be interested in coming to one of these trainings just go here Click on this link to check out an article in the on-line ABWE Message Magazine celebrating our 37 years of ministry. Celebrating 37 Years of Ministry: Gil and Denise Thomas • ABWE
We are so grateful for your prayers. We are trusting God for great things during these next few months. We will update you on June trainings next time.