Tim & Pam Darling –
Missionaries to Spain Baptist Mid-Missions
Caleb’s Testimony – even though he was 85 years old he felt that he had the strength of a 40-year-old man to keep on conquering the land (Joshua 14:6-15).
I (Tim), am not 85 years old nor do I have the strength of a 40-year-old but am claiming the truths of Psalm 92:12-15, especially verse 14:
“They (the righteous, v. 12) shall STILL (emphasis mine) bring forth fruit in old age;
They shall be fat and flourishing;”
What is the goal/purpose? Verse 15:
“To shew that the LORD is upright:
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.”
I have shared these verses about age because we were announcing, based on BMM policy, our retirement for this year. That has all changed. Because of a very sad situation with Ian Romaine, the 7-year-old son of our partners in the church plant in Logroño, we have been offered an extension of up to 5 years more of service to our Lord in the country of Spain.
We had planned to take a 6-month furlough to visit our supporting churches, family and individuals who have partnered with us in the ministry. But when Ian was diagnosed (April 19) with an incurable disease called DIGP and the whole Romaine family returned to the States to receive medical help, we made the decision to change our tickets and reduce our time away from the new church plant and only spend two months in the States.
We arrived August 18 and will return to Spain, the Lord willing, October 18. That is the reason why we are not visiting most of our supporting churches. However, we look forward to visit visiting the rest of you next year.
We have been showered with many blessings during our first month back to the States:
- Various opportunities to share the work of the Lord in Spain.
- Attend Tim’s father’s 95 birthday and see our children and their families, the ones who live in the States – Texas and North Carolina.
- We have received generous gifts and offerings and our home as well as sending church bought Tim a new laptop. His was 12 years old and could not receive new updates.
- We praise the Lord for safety on the road and in flight.
- We praise the Lord for the privilege to minister to some very special Venezuelan friends here in the States.
If anyone would like a PowerPoint presentation that we are showing to some of the churches we would be glad to send that to you by means of your email address.
Thank you so much for your patience and partnering with us in the ministry in Spain.